Friday, August 20, 2010

que sera, let's go sailing on...

Attempt at Blog Part 3


The Oregon Coast and the Redwoods were beautiful last week. It was a much needed vacation. Full of walks on the beach, good food, cold misty weather, and becoming rich by finding sand dollars. We put our feet in the ocean, ate the famous clam chowder at Mo's, ran into Paul Bunnion and Babe, the blue ox in Cali, and hugged giant red wood trees. Mom had to stop and pick black berries and I tried grandmas cake batter at the Tillamook cheese factory. I love the coast, being on the beach but I don't think I could live there. Full of cold weather and misty mornings/nights, but it is great for a vacation!



I have two weeks left till I leave for the beautiful country of Italy. I am nervous/excited, but mostly excited. I have no idea what it will be like there, but I am listening to my Italian cds, and starting to think about what I should pack.



I have been working on my quilt and I am making progress, will have to post pictures soon. I found a recipe for tofu enchiladas in Better Homes and Gardens this morning, and am still trying to convince mom to let me make them. But I have convinced her to let me to try making home made donuts tomorrow... so I will let you know how that
goes!

2 comments:

  1. Tofu? Weird....maybe Italy will cure you of that. hahaha Don't forget coins for me from Italy! I am jealous of all these vacations you are taking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What will our next Oregon Coast trip bring next year? More smiles for sure!
    Life is good! Keep smiling!

    ReplyDelete